Following the success of previous winter conferences
Dr Jeff Gerber (Denver’s Diet Doctor) and Dr Rod Tayler (Low Carb Down Under) are organizing
another Low Carb conference in Breckenridge, Colorado
When: Thursday, 1st March at 6:00pm (MST) to Sunday, 4th March at 5:00 PM (MST)
Where: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, 550 Village Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424
Registration Cost: $280 includes live stream (Early Bird $220 extended to October 8th 2017)
Everyone’s Invited: General public, scientific community and healthcare professionals
Healthcare Professionals: Continuing Medical Education (CME) included
Online Live Stream: $50 to watch full three days for those who can’t make it (Available for purchase Jan 2018)
Vendors: Please inquire
This now our third year and growing, we invite you to Low Carb Breckenridge 2018, located in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains. We have added a fresh line-up of speakers and interesting topics. #LowCarbBreck #LCB18
The conference is open to all including the general public, health, nutrition and fitness enthusiasts, the scientific community and healthcare professionals. For healthcare professionals CME credit will be filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The meeting kicks off at 5pm on Thursday evening with registration and welcome drinks at the hotel, so plan accordingly. Whether you’re a skier, snowboarder or not, consider staying a few extra days to enjoy the mountain and lovely town of Breckenridge.
The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel will be hosting this event and providing us with a large and spacious conference room, plenty of space for vendors and mingling and yes, even an oxygen bar for those who might need a little help acclimating to the altitude. Coffee, tea and water will be provided plus plenty of vendor food samples. The hotel has two restaurants, 9600 Kitchen and Made Market. There are plenty of other dining options and grocery stores nearby.
We have a group discount for standard hotel rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and conference center. Multi-room condos are available at the adjacent Beaver Run Resort at their standard rates. There is a wide range of accommodation available around the area including budget friendly options in Frisco (see below), approx. 20 minutes away by car or bus. We have also been able to arrange discount ski lift tickets, rentals and shuttle from Denver International Airport.
An international destination, Breckenridge is a Colorado town at the base of the Rocky Mountains’ Tenmile Range. It’s known for its ski resort, year-round alpine activities and Gold Rush history. The Victorian core of this former mining town is preserved as the Breckenridge National Historic District, running primarily along Main Street, with colorfully painted buildings from the 1880s and 1890s housing shops, galleries and restaurants.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Dr Andrew Mente – “Dietary Fat, Carbohydrate Consumption, Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality in PURE: A More Complete Picture”
- Dr Andrew Mente – “Dietary Sodium Consumption, Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality: What is the Current Evidence?”
- Dr Stephen Phinney – “Metabolic Effects of Fasting: A Two-Edged Sword”
- Dr Stephen Phinney – “Inflammation, Nutritional Ketosis, and Metabolic Disease”
- Dr Eric Kossoff – “A Century of Progress: Ketogenic Diets for Epilepsy in Children and Adults”
- Nina Teicholz – “Red Meat and Health: Separating Fact from Fiction”
- Nina Teicholz – “The Unknown Story of Vegetable Oils: their History and Impact on Health”
- Robb Wolf – “Metabolic Flexibility: The Rosetta Stone of the Macronutrient Wars?”
- Dr Catherine Crofts – “What is the worst that could happen…? The past, present and future of translational research in hyperinsulinaemia”
- Dr Ben Bikman – “Insulin vs. Glucagon: The relevance of dietary protein”
- Dr Jake Kushner – “Medical nutrition therapy for people with type 1 diabetes: fact versus fiction”
- Dr David Diamond – “An Assessment of Cardiovascular Risks of a Low Carbohydrate High Fat Diet”
- Dr David Ludwig – “Which Comes First, Overeating or Obesity?”
- Dr Sarah Hallberg – “Ketogenic Diet for Diabetes”
- Megan Ramos – “Practical Fasting: The clinical application of therapeutic fasting in the treatment of metabolic syndrome”
- Dave Feldman – “Cholesterol is a Passenger, Not a Driver”
- Dr Andreas Eenfeldt – “The Food Revolution”
- Dr Mark Cucuzzella – “The Little Hospital That Could – Creating a Sugar Free and Low Carb Friendly Hospital”
- Dr Peter Brukner – “Fats or Carbs for High Performance?”
- Dr Georgia Ede – “Our Descent Into Madness – Modern Diets and the Global Mental Health Crisis”
- Chris Webster – “Results of a Mixed Methods Investigation of Type 2 Diabetics who Followed a LCHF Diet Long-Term”
- Erynn Kay, PA-C – “Is Low Carb Enough? : A Look at Food Quality and Ancestral Principles”
- Amber O’Hearn – “To examine the relevance of non-fasting ketosis in humans”
Topics to be confirmed from:
Dr Michael Eades, Nick Mailer, Ivor Cummins, Dr Evelyne Bourdua-Roy
Accommodation Options & Lodging Group Rates
Conference venue hotel rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton are spacious so consider sharing. You can make your room booking directly with the resort by the Room Block Cut-Off Date of Monday, January 26, 2018. Three night minimum stay.
CALL IN RESERVATIONS: To reserve rooms at the Low Carb group rate call Group Reservations at (888)-525-1787 and select option 1 for the DoubleTree by Hilton. Provide the agent with Group Code G9F.
ONLINE RESERVATIONS: Please note online reservations are available at http://www.Breckenridge.DoubleTree.com. Click on the blue link for add special rate codes on the left side of the homepage. Please reference Group Code: G9F in the group code field.
Standard Hotel Room One King (NK1) $269.00 weekdays/Sun, $329.00 Fri/Sat
Standard Hotel Room Two Queen (NQ2) $309.00 weekdays/Sun, $369.00 Fri/Sat
OTHER ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: (Group rates do not apply)
Beaver Run Resort – Close walking distance to the conference location. Condos available.
The Village Hotel – 10 mins walk to the conference location. Condos available.
Explore more Breckenridge lodging options: Breckenridge central reservations
Budget Lodging and Hotels in Frisco (20-30 minute transit via car or free public transportation). Within walking distance to Whole Foods and Summit Stage Frisco transfer center:
Multiple Day Lift Ticket Discounts: (Purchase early as Summit Value Pass and Epic 4-Day prices increase and sale ends early season)
SUMMIT VALUE PASS: PERFECT FOR PEOPLE WHO ONLY PLAN TO SKI OR RIDE SUMMIT COUNTY, COLORADO
EPIC 4-DAY: PERFECT FOR PEOPLE WHO ONLY PLAN TO TAKE ONE SKI VACATION
Daily Lift Ticket Discount: The Breckenridge Ski Resort will guarantee the Low Carb Conference lift ticket pricing at the daily rate of $138.00 per Adult per day and $80.00 per Child per day with a start date of February 26-March 5. Discount is available to all attendees and guests. Coupons will be provided at the event.
Rental Equipment Discount Rate: Prices are per day and include boots and snowboard or skis and poles. Damage waivers are available at $3-5 per day upon request but not required. Prices do not include applicable taxes and 4% facility fee. Discount is available to all attendees. Discount Rental Link
|Rental Type||Standard Rate||25% Discount|
Denver International Airport (DIA) Transportation
Denver International Airport (~2 hours drive) on Colorado Mountain Express (CME). 20% discount will be available to all attendees. Discount Shuttle Link
Summit Stage Free Summit County Transportation
Free public transportation in Summit County, Colorado. Frisco, Dillon, Silverthorne and local ski resorts including Breckenridge.
Summit Stage Frisco transfer center: 1010 Meadow Dr, Frisco, CO 80424
For all inquiries please email email@example.com
Look forward to seeing you there!
Dr Jeff Gerber and Dr Rod Tayler